Foreign Policy (FP), the premier news and analysis publication for international relations is recruiting a part-time Office Manager. You'll be a key contributor to the Foreign Policy team and will ensure the smooth daily operations of our office and business activities. In this role, you will drive our office re-opening efforts, serve as the main point of contact for our team members and guests, coordinate relevant Human Resources activities, provide a welcoming presence and high-quality support. We are seeking a kind, flexible, and collaborative professional.
- Coordinate all activities related to our office re-opening with our Human Resources Director
- Manage the office reception desk, welcome team members and visitors to the office
- Liaise, monitor, and direct the daily activities of the vendors and provide operations support such to support our snack, catering, and beverage offerings
- Ensure our office is clean and organized including, oversee the break room and other common spaces. Conduct regular checks of common spaces and conference rooms, arranging necessary repairs and scheduling regular maintenance
- Manage correspondence, deliveries, and packages. Manage outgoing correspondence for the office and interface with carriers. Prepare and organize special mailings as needed
- Coordinate all tasks related to the daily administration of office access, security fobs, and printers/copiers
- Monitor inventory for, and purchase office supplies as necessary, and ensure that storage areas remain organized
- Assist with internal and external client events
- Additional related projects and tasks as necessary
- Coordinate the onboarding and offboarding of team members
- Assist with recruitment efforts
- Administer human resources programs and projects
- Prior office management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of humor and detail orientation
- Strong operational orientation with a focus on top-notch client service for FP team members, guests, and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office and G Suite
- A high degree of confidentiality, patience, and flexibility
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
*Candidates must possess the legal right to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this opportunity.
Foreign Policy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.