Contract Webcast/Video Tech Producer
Foreign Policy is a magazine of global news and ideas. We explain Washington to the world and the world to Americans—and we do that by covering big trends in not only security and defense but also issues surrounding climate change, immigration, politics, culture, and more. FP is more than just a magazine: We host world-class virtual events, we have a research division that has been at the forefront of research on gender parity, 5G, security, and more. Our podcast division is flourishing and includes successful shows I Spy, And Now the Hard Part, and Don’t Touch Your Face.
We are recruiting a contract digital video producer to support our growing slate of virtual events, including panel discussions, virtual summits, and programs involving multimedia live and pre-recorded content. The contractor would primarily focus on day-of-event production to create a visually dynamic and compelling experience and assist with preparations and materials required to produce a technically seamless and polished broadcast.
Develop and execute day-of production:
- Visual strategy and design
- Speaker technical prep and A/V support to help ensure good production quality
- Scene switching
- Operate streaming platforms /software
- Content repurposing
- Evaluate engagement analytics and help drive engagement
- Refine established processes and procedures
- Introduce new concepts
Post-production /video editing
- Create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for customer stories, external promotional social videos, product marketing videos, etc.
- edit videos/graphics to tell compelling stories about our programs with the objective of building brand and increasing audience engagement
- Record, produce, and edit video and sound projects
- Edit footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management
We estimate that this contract assignment will take approximately 12 hours per month spread over 3-4 events.
- Strong understanding of live streaming platforms/software, engineering, and video production
- Live streaming experience: understand the basics/help advise on solutions for delivering live video content using streaming technology
- Technical skills in video, audio, and post-production
- Digital video editing, still and motion graphics design, and video compression for multiple delivery platforms
- Aptitude for making quick, quality decisions; ability to troubleshoot and fix problems before and during for our live shows
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment