Advertising Operations Coordinator
Foreign Policy (FP), the global leader in geopolitical analysis & news, is searching for an Ad Operations Coordinator to support FP’s advertising business. The successful candidate will oversee ad campaign delivery for FP’s growing list of clients.
This role will act as the primary contact for both external clients and internal stakeholders for delivery across FP’s various ad products (digital display, sponsored content, newsletters, print, social), reporting to the VP of Data & Revenue Operations. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in ad operations and campaign optimization.
The person in this position will:
- Act as primary post-sales contact for sponsorship and advertising clients, answering questions and fulfilling requests to ensure successful fulfillment of contract deliverables
- Correspond with clients to retrieve creative assets and communicate requirements and deadlines for digital and print campaigns
- Assist in the pre-sales process by providing insights from historical campaign performance and making suggestions of viable ad solutions for pitch decks and proposals
- Monitor line items running in Google Ad Manager to ensure ongoing campaigns are pacing correctly and viewability, CTRs, and other KPIs remain strong and identify opportunities to improve performance
- Thoroughly test new ad campaigns to confirm they are running properly onsite and take screenshots for client and sales team to review
- Work closely with Data Operations Associate on ad reporting, programmatic, and backend ad ops support
- Lead the execution of FP’s quarterly partnerships with universities (the FP Guide), including display ads, newsletter scheduling, social, and reporting metrics to clients.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to support the promotion and success of contract components (sales, social, marketing, events, research, podcasts, product development)
- Strong communication skills and comfortable interacting with clients
- Experience using DFP/GAM and ad tech
- Able to keep track of multiple tasks and deadlines
- Understanding of media and advertising landscape (familiar with header bidding/programmatic, social advertising, native advertising, newsletter sponsorships, print advertising, IAB standards)
- Proactive in testing ad delivery and ensuring monitoring campaign performance
- Eligible to work in the United States (sponsorship is not available)
Foreign Policy focuses on national security and defense, climate change and energy, immigration, technology, health finance, and more, all from a non-partisan perspective. FP is more than just a magazine: We have a research division that has been at the forefront of research on gender parity, 5g, data privacy, security, and more. Our podcast division is flourishing and includes successful shows I Spy, FP Playlist, and scores of partner productions. And FP Events convenes top leaders in government, business, and civil society for critical and timely conversations on a wide range of topics, both virtually and in person. FP offers an outstanding and comprehensive benefits package, including a hybrid office-home work structure (including "one month from anywhere") and supplemental pension benefits beyond your run-of-the-mill 401k.
*Foreign Policy employees and contractors are required to obtain a Covid-19 vaccine.
Foreign Policy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.